Right now, the network is 100% Yggdrasil. If you would like to bridge another network onto ours, that's your right! Please just be mindful of the Network Commons License.
Because we're using Yggdrasil, our network has the following attributes (taken from the Yggdrasil project pages):
- End-to-end encryption for all traffic across the network
- Decentralised routing information shared using a DHT
- Cryptographically-bound IPv6 addresses
- Node is aware of its relative location to other nodes
- IPv6 address remains with the device even if moved
- Topology extends gracefully across different mediums, i.e. mesh
Our network has some rules, which you can find in the Network Commons License, and they boil down to roughly the following:
- Participants are free to use the network for any purpose that does not limit the freedom of others to do the same.
- Participants are free to know how the network and its components function.
- Participants are free to offer and accept services on the network on their own terms.
- You have the right to join the network, and the obligation to extend this set of rights to anyone according to the same conditions.