Mesh Boston Meeting Minutes - 2022/07/31
Action Item Status
- Talk with friends about reaching out to Worcester Maker Space (Skyler)
- Reach out to UMB CS/Eng department about the helping with the project (Lucas)
- Poll for better meeting time (Lucas)
- System Maintenance
- Write script to update map/liveliness (Skyler)
- Clear up old entries in map/grafana (JamesO)
- Setup exit node (JamesO)
- File incorporation paperwork (JamesO)
- Check on Cisco Meraki network in Boston in a few weeks
Lex showed some logo designs. Skyler will photograph t-shirt design and send to Lex.
Lucas will send out the poll to massmesh riseup list. JamesO will signal boost in weekly email/matrix.
James followed up on incorporation. Will drop by friend's house this week.
Compared Open Collective with Action Network. Poked around Action Network. Skyler was able to get donations working in it. Decided to use Action Network exclusively for now and will close out Open Collective and LibraPay. Skyler will work on expanding it and will send out the first announcement email. We will plan to send weekly announcement emails by Friday.
Trolls disrupted our video chat. Moved to another Jitsi room and enabled lobby. Will need to turn on security at the start of the session or find something else. James will look at the options.
Decided to retire use of massmesh riseup list. We will send out a final email with how people can get meeting announcements once Skyler has set it up in Action Network.
Table at MIT Swap Fest 8/21
- Volunteer Form;
- James will mail in form and payment ahead of time;
- Test MeshNet two node setup on 8/20, noon-2pm, JamesO's house;
- Skyler will setup first email announcement as part of the Action Network setup;
- Lex will see if he can update flyer with a QR code for sign up form;
- Plan to:
- pick color for table cloth, but keep it logo-free for now;
- more flyers;
- have a signup tablet;
- two nodes to demonstrate with power for nodes or very long extension cords;
- We may have an infographic on setting up a node.