Because we're using Yggdrasil, our network has the following attributes (taken from the Yggdrasil project pages):
- End-to-end encryption for all traffic across the network
- Decentralised routing information shared using a DHT
- Cryptographically-bound IPv6 addresses
- Node is aware of its relative location to other nodes
- IPv6 address remains with the device even if moved
- Topology extends gracefully across different mediums, i.e. mesh
Our network has some rules, which you can find in the Network Commons License, and they boil down to roughly the following:
- Participants are free to use the network for any purpose that does not limit the freedom of others to do the same.
- Participants are free to know how the network and its components function.
- Participants are free to offer and accept services on the network on their own terms.
- You have the right to join the network, and the obligation to extend this set of rights to anyone according to the same conditions.