MassMesh is a volunteer-run grassroots project that aims to create community-owned wireless networks. These networks enable low cost, secure, censorship-resilient home Internet access. The purpose of this wiki is to provide you with all of the information you need to set up your own custom router and join the mesh.
Making positive change requires solidarity, so please consider joining us at one of our weekly meetings! Whether you are interested in installing a mesh node, joining our team of volunteers, requesting a demonstration, or even just having a conversation about mesh networks, we want to hear from you.
We have provided all of the information on this site for free because we care about the well-being of all of our communities.
Learn more about what we are doing using the links below.
- Network Architecture
- A broad overview of how our neighborhood networks are constructed, how we connect them to the Internet, and how they fit into the global Yggdrasil network.
- Glossary Of Terms
- A whole bunch of terms that we use to describe our network.
- Node Setup
- A step-by-step guide to setting up your own mesh node, so that you can form a network with your neighbors.
- A list of our supported devices with their performance stats, costs, and setup tutorials.
- Volunteer Projects
- Here's what we're working on, and what we could use your help with!
- Contact and Meeting Info
- Information on how to get in touch with us online and in person.