Mesh Boston Meeting Minutes - 2022/09/04
James, Skyler, Ezra, Wes, Lex, Richard
Action Item Status
- System Maintenance
- Write script to update map/liveliness (Skyler)
- Clear up old entries in map/grafana (JamesO)
- Setup exit node (JamesO)
- Test new radios (JamesO)
- File incorporation paperwork (JamesO)
- Check on Cisco Meraki network in Boston in a few weeks
Jacob suggested we join his table at Brookline Day on Sunday, September 18th. Skyler can help with that table and James will organize the MIT Swap fest table. James will notify Jacob we are interested in participating and create a sign up form for the Brookline Day table. Ezra will help with Brookline Day and Lex will help with Swap fest.
Lex will put up flyers at the Mechanical Keyboard meetup at Cambridge Main Public Library on September 18th, 2022 from 1:30-4pm. Cambridge Main Library on floor L2 in the Community Room and Lecture Hall, 449 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02138. RSVP.
Ezra will help Skyler with the Boston Anarchist Bookfair presentation and hopefully will be able to help with tabling as well. Skyler will submit application for presenting today.
Lex is working on the logo design. James will update our pages with links to the flyers.
New folks found out about us from the MIT Swapfest. They would like to help with/are interested in:
- Ezra: Event planning, organizing, art
- Wes: Interested in our setup especially for how far we can broadcast a signal. Could help with testing and is here to learn more
- Richard can help with infrastructure. Has experience with network setup as well as server/workstation setup.
Discussion of how to help people learn to setup a node. We will schedule a time to walk through setting up a node, either during one of our Sunday meetings or at another time. Could be on-line or in person.
Specific interest in broadcast nodes and how far they will provide access/meshing.