Mesh Boston Meeting Minutes - 2022/09/11
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Action Item Status
- Print flyers (Skyler)
Table at MIT Swap Fest, September 18th, 9am-2pm
- Table at Brookline Day, September 18th, 11am-3pm
- Signup for table (Jacob)
- Verify we can connect a node to Jacob's network
- Table at Boston Anarchist Bookfair, October 22nd-23rd, 9am-5pm
- Submit presentation (Skyler)
- Prepare presentation (Skyler/Ezra)
- System Maintenance
- Write script to update map/liveliness (Skyler)
- Clear up old entries in map/grafana (JamesO)
- Setup exit node (JamesO)
- Test new radios (JamesO)
- Setup how to setup a node event
- Do more outdoors testing of how far nodes go
- File incorporation paperwork (JamesO)
- Check on Cisco Meraki network in Boston in a few weeks
- Skyler has her node up and reaching out to neighbors to expand
- Skyler and Ezra are working on the presentation for Boston Anarchist Bookfair
- Brookline Day
- Jacob paid for table and two chairs. Would like someone else to bring more chairs. He will bring a table.
- It is right in front of the Coolidge corner theater
- Will bring a wifi node
- Bring laptop for people to sign up
- Jacob would like to focus on signing up people for his service
- Jacob would like people to arrive between 10-10:30am. Could park Jacob's street and T over the Coolidge corner
- James is scheduled to speak at a Somerville Broadband discussion as a rep. of the Somerville Internet Taskforce on the Sunday, September 18th, from 11:30 am to 1 pm, at the Somerville Media Center in Union Square.
- Decided not to do the MIT Swapfest due to conflicts
- James will get flyers printed this week and get them to Skyler, Ezra or Jacob.
- James setting up how to setup event
- Jacob would like to get his network up in Coolidge corner by Spring. MeshBoston.net could setup nodes off of it.
- Would be around Harvard St., Brookline. Suggestion to have a node every 900 feet along it.
- Should talk soon about his network design and how we can help