Template:TFTP Flashing Steps
This template allows easy inclusion of TFTP flashing instructions across the wiki.
Enter TFTP Mode
Follow the steps for your device to enter TFTP Mode
Set Up a Static IP Address
The next step is to assign your computer a static IP address in the appropriate subnet for your device. See the wiki page for your device if you are unsure.
- Windows: Setting a static IP address in Windows 10
- Mac: Setting a static IP address in OSX
- Linux: Setting a static IP address in Ubuntu 18.04 desktop
Downgrade Ubiquiti AirOS
Because we are "jailbreaking" the Ubiquiti router, we have to downgrade to an older version of their proprietary firmware first. Using a tool called TFTP, we can do this quite simply.
- Download the firmware file you wish to flash
- Launch a command prompt/terminal, and enter the following, one line at a time:
tftp> connect <device_ip> tftp> binary tftp> rexmt 1 tftp> timeout 60 tftp> put <firmware_filename> Sent x bytes in x seconds