Template:TFTP Flashing Steps
This template allows easy inclusion of TFTP flashing instructions across the wiki.
Enter TFTP Mode
Follow the steps for your device to enter TFTP Mode
Set Up a Static IP Address
The next step is to assign your computer a static IP address in the appropriate subnet for your device. See the wiki page for your device if you are unsure.
- Windows: Setting a static IP address in Windows 10
- Mac: Setting a static IP address in OSX
- Linux: Setting a static IP address in Ubuntu 18.04 desktop
Sending Firmware via TFTP
- Download the firmware file you wish to flash
- Launch a command prompt/terminal, and enter the following, one line at a time:
tftp> connect <device_ip> tftp> binary tftp> rexmt 1 tftp> timeout 60 tftp> put <firmware_filename> Sent x bytes in x seconds