Ubiquiti UAP AC Mesh
The UAP AC Mesh is a PoE powered access point that is weather resistant and omnidirectional.
If your device shipped with the latest firmware, or if you upgraded beyond version
3.7.xx.xxxx, you may need to downgrade the device before you can flash it due to the
mtd utility being missing in later versions. Simply download an older firmware image from the Ubiquiti Downloads Page and proceed with the recovery instructions.
In the stock firmware, the access point will have the default user/pass
ubnt / ubnt. If there is no DHCP server, it will assign itself the IP address
- Statically assign your computer the IP address
- Power on the device and plug it into your computer's ethernet port
- Copy the firmware you want to flash to the device:
scp openwrt-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-unifiac-lite-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin email@example.com:/tmp/
- Then write the firmware to
BZ.v3.7.40# mtd write /tmp/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-unifiac-lite-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin kernel0 Unlocking kernel0 ... Erasing kernel0 ... Writing from /tmp/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-unifiac-lite-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin to kernel0 ... [e/w] BZ.v3.7.40# mtd -r write /tmp/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-unifiac-lite-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin kernel1 Unlocking kernel1 ... Erasing kernel1 ... Writing from /tmp/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-unifiac-lite-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin to kernel1 ... [e/w]
To recover the UAP AC Mesh from a bad flash, or to upgrade or downgrade the stock firmware, you will need to put the device in recovery mode and send a stock firmware using TFTP.
- Obtain a stock firmware to flash from the Ubiquiti Downloads Page -
3.7.xx.xxxxis recommended if you wish to flash something else afterwards
- Rename the firmware file to
firmware.bin, as the device will look for this file name
- To enter recovery mode, hold the reset button located next to the ethernet port while plugging in the power. Hold the reset button until the side LED alternates orange, blue, off.
- Assign your computer a static IP such as
192.168.1.25, with net mask of
- Connect your computer's ethernet port to the device
- Run TFTP and enter the following commands:
tftp> connect 192.168.1.20 tftp> binary tftp> rexmt 1 tftp> timeout 60 tftp> put firmware.bin Sent x bytes in x seconds
The LED will flash at varying speeds, then it will turn solid when complete.