Mesh Boston Meeting Minutes - 2022/02/27
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Action Item Status
- Write script to update map/liveliness (Skyler)
- Talk with friends about reaching out to Worcester Maker Space (Skyler)
- Reach out to UMB CS department about the helping with the project (Lucas)
- Get node running on a VM on a PC (Lucas)
- Setup exit node (JamesO)
- Get incorporation paperwork drafted (JamesO). Need:
- mission statement. Draft at https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/MeshBostonMissionStatement
- Talk with volunteer who offered antennas (JamesO)
- Get access to https://grafana.massmesh.net dashboard (JamesO)
Update http://meshboston.net/ with the updated info on us (JamesO) Give Skyler admin access to MeshBoston.net page (JamesO)
BTW: List of Massachusetts Hacker Spaces
We need to come up with a mission statement. Draft at https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/MeshBostonMissionStatement
- Skyler working on liveliness script. Will reach out to Worcester friends
- Lucas having difficulty with node on VM, going to try on PC hardware. JamesO will make introduction to tech team.
- JacobS working on condo complex on 50 Spring St. in Brookline. Will need help once approved.
- JamesO working on exit node and Made progress on incorporation. Will meet with lawyer friend once we approve mission statement.
We adopted the following mission statement:
Mesh Boston is a grass-roots wireless alternative to internet service providers that protects your privacy and respects net-neutrality. Unlike private or municipal networks, ownership of our network is distributed and embedded in our communities. We provide open access to the Internet to all who need it.